Our Summer

Our Summer


Summer time is here
With laughter and love everywhere
Me & you
Together under skies of blue
With the sun shining up high
From routine we bid goodbye
Traveling to the fairs
Partying where the music blares
We walk hand in hand
Along the beaches sand
The cool water making us screech
Heaven is within our reach
Full of pleasure we will smile
Off to festivals we will go for a while
Laughing around a campfire
The world is ours to admire
Gazing into each others faces
Summer brings us to different places
The sun shining on our backs
Dancing ''till we reach our max
Marveling at the sights about
Loving without doubt
Horse races or market places
New memories are being made
Ones like these will never fade
Happiness ever lasting
Summer is the king
At beach parties together we will sing
Telling stories about the last time
Summer was this divine
Sun kissed from head to toe
From beach to beach we will go
Lying out, talking
Enjoying it with one another or just walking
Here is summer along with its delights
Bringing our summer and its happiness to its heights.

Little Bo Peep had lost her sheep
and so couldn’t meet me for dinner.
I dated Snow White, but try as I might,
nothing I did worked to win her.
Gretel, sweet petal, she munched on my house,
it made her so terribly sick.
I think she’d have made quite a wonderful spouse.
She choked on a fragment of brick!
Then Cinderella ran off with some fella,
I haven’t heard word of her since.
The ugliest sister said if I would kiss her,
she’d give me the name of the Prince.
I tried to hook up with Rapunzel
It’s obvious she didn’t care.
It’s simply no use, she just made the excuse,
every night, she was washing her hair.
I thought I was doomed to be lonely,
condemned to be always alone;
my love life a tale of “if onlys”
it chilled me right down to the bone.
But Goldilocks came to my rescue.
I’ll ask her to wed me, tonight.
She’ll not break my heart like the rest do.
She’s beautiful, perfect, “just right!”

Have you ever heard the quote ''I was blind- but now I can see''? Well...This saying is what best describes my inspiration for this poem! Before I met my husband I had been engaged twice, was sexually and physically abused and suffered depression! And for all of this I am grateful. Why? you ask, well...Because...I have come to realize- my past has made me who I am today and is also what brought my husband & I together! I wrote this poem for my husband on our first date"

You + Me = Us


You are my first thought of every morning
and my last of every night,
You are the safety in my darkness
and the brightness in my light,

Your face is sheer perfection
your kisses a delight,
Your looks make me want you more
you are just a perfect sight,

I only hope you love me
as much as I love you,
''Cause you and I we're meant to be
as One instead of Two!

Reunited Love


Seeing her picture in our high school yearbook
I couldn’t help myself, I just had to look

Now I was motivated more than ever
To pick up the phone and just call her

But how would she be, after all these years
Would she be married, I uncovered my fears

I dialed the phone, my nerves beyond instability
Amazed that my fingers worked and had the agility

My skin felt sunburnt as my blood rushed
At first just silence, her voice was hushed

Like a wolf howling at the moon in accompaniment
Shaking, I could barely contain my excitement

With a perspicacity that was astounding
I could hear her audibly remembering

She was pleasantly shocked alright
But she agreed to meet me tonight

I waited now with chocolate and flowers
Just passing the time, counting the hours

I rush to the place where we set to meet
Moving so fast I nearly tripped over my feet

My heart stopped, she looked like a princess
And all I wanted to do was give her a kiss

When she saw me, a most delightful smile appeared
A frog in my throat, my greeting came out weird

With a gesture that was obsequiousness
I shook her hand with a lingering caress

I knew then that for the rest of my life
From morning to twilight she would be my wife
I was a senior in high school when I met her. We started as friends and because of my lack of courage we never became anything more. I look back and see how big of a mistake it was to not just tell her, the worst part being that I knew she liked me as well. To this day I still can't replace the feelings I had/have for her, so I've been waiting for 3 years for a second chance. I think I've finally been given that chance at the age of 21, and I hope my dream of having her comes true


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Precious Love

Love poem for Her

Words From My Heart!